Worth the Time

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Not Getting the Worm

Every night before I go to bed, I ambitiously set my alarm for super damn early. Well, not every night because so often I find myself in some stranger's bed. When I lived in California, it was almost unheard of if I arrived to work after 6:30AM. It was also unheard of for me not to finish a dozen donuts by 9:30 (and I'm not talking mini donuts, either). Even during my first few months here in Illinois, I was always in to work way early. Don't get me wrong, it was not to impress my coworkers or to work longer hours, it was because if you're in early, you leave early. In by six, skip lunch and out the door at two... that's the way I did it and it was oh so sweet. Now, when my alarm goes off at 5:30 (used to be 5), I'm lucky if I make it out the door by 7:30... and it's getting later and later everyday. What the hell happened? (and why can't I find my birth control pills?) How it is that I ended up rolling into work at NINE o'clock this morning.... and I didn't even shower (I showered last night). I need to get some early bird discipline back and start enjoying my afternoons again... after all, afternoons are the best time to stalk my ex-boyfriend (a silly little restraining order isn't going to stop me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home