Worth the Time

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Special Weekend Edition Pratings

itgirl: please, don't leave. I enjoy your comments a whole lot; I think we all do.

Normally, I don't do the whole weekend blog thing, but I'm feeling it today. It was my birthday on Saturday (yesterday) and it was fucking great. We're talking Mom's marinated grilled chicken kabobs great. My birthdays have been a far cry from fun or meaningful over the past ten years or so, so I was excited for the chance to make it worthwhile. My friend, KJ came out here, and we had one hell of a good time... it was mere coincidence that this planned weekend was on my birthday, but I'm a snob and making it all about me. [She had a shabby birthday last month, so she said it was a weekend all about her. We're perfect like that.]

The day started off a little rocky after atoep openly commented that I wasn't funny, but I tried not to take it to heart. The man is brilliant but I just don't think we "get" each other (yet); hopefully over time, we'll develop understanding. But gosh, other than forgetting to stop by the sex shop for a vibrator, his comment was the worst part of my whole weekend. I've been known to have a string of bad luck so, for me, it really doesn't get much better than that.

We went golfing and after finishing up a so-so round, I was complimented by a older gentleman playing behind us on what a beautiful swing I have. I've been complimented on my 'stroke' before, but it was never in reference to golf. What an absolutely wonderful thing to hear (especially since it was my birthday). If you are a golfer, you'll totally understand this. If not, you'll never understand this.

We went into the city and continued to have great conversation, as well as, a great hotel room, a great meal, listened to a kick ass chick (of whom I'd seen before). I was kissed by a couple hottie groomsmen and I got to feel up my hot, married, blonde bombshell friend, kj (albeit briefly).

I know what you are thinking... how pathetic is this chick's life that a seemingly "normal" weekend it such a big deal. Well, I can offer only this - you had to be there.

Thank you, kj, for everything. Thanks, old friends (even though you don't read this), for calling with happy birthday wishes. Thanks, Cory, for finally ending it. Now, my friends and readers, I need to go take a nap.... and eat (duh).

3 Comments:

  • At 8/29/2005 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We will have to make this, at least, a yearly event. I want to make sure then next year we make time for night golf and the sex shop.

     
  • At 8/29/2005 5:09 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    Sorry. I was going to send you pearl necklace for your Bday but I am not sure it would have kept....dang it.

     
  • At 8/29/2005 7:13 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    kj - I'm not sure if I can wait a whole year. We may have to make a special trip to the "candy shop".

    atoep - Don't worry about it; it didn't ruin my weekend.... just my self-esteem. :-)

    tbc - There's always next year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home