Worth the Time

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Phoney Bologna

My cell phone has been on the fritz for a while. But I hate technical upgrading for no good reason. I have even talked about this with my friend, 37, who always has the latest and greatest everything and is annoyed by the fact I am SOOOO 2002. I frivolously spend lots of money, but it's never on technological (or practical) stuff. Coach bags - sure, food - of course, Jimmy Choo's - without a doubt, a new cell phone (something I use everyday and is my primary link to friends and family) - forget about it. Silly, I know... but it's also silly that I still haven't gotten that rash checked out (I mean, how important is peeing without pain really?). This would be a resourceful upgrade, but my old one works pretty good, so it there isn't a logical need for change. (I feel the same way about vibrators, boyfriends, and my job.) My phone is two years old, making it practically archaic by cell phone standards. No camera, no 'real tones', nothing special. Sure, I need a new battery and occasionally it will drop a call for no reason... but still. The only reason I even got the thing was because I was harassed so mercilessly (and I am looking at you, Mitch) about my old one being too old. For a long time, I thought I needed a Blackberry, but in reality, I just need something that acts like a phone and has caller ID (crazy, isn't it). Although, I wouldn't be against it having a special "vibrator" function... if you know what I mean... but phones are far too small for any real pleasure.

At some point, I know I'll need to break down and get a new one... probably at the most inopportune time, but whatever. For now, I'll just put the money towards something I really need - hookers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home