Worth the Time

Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday, bloody Monday

I was out of my office today...
Boss e-mail: Nicole, How are you coming along with the pallet hauling limits? (blah, blah, crap)
My reply: Blah, Blah, Blah, specs bullshitting. I will finish them tomorrow.
Boss response: Thanks Nicole. Are you going to share them with me??
My reply: If you're lucky.
This ended the e-mail dialogue. I REALLY hope he has a sense of humor about this.


Wow, 5:30pm already. Mondays, I fucking love Mondays. I either get nothing done or totally end up working my ass off. This is a working Monday. I am just now sitting down to get some projects done and eat a snack. I received a lot of "How are you coming on this..?" e-mails from my boss today. I have a million projects on the burner right now and very little to show for them. It's not that I am not working, but I just can't seem to get past the 15% point when something else gets thrown at me. If only my job consisted more of shopping for the perfect shoes... or handbag... or top... or anything, really and less engineering work. I've never had a difficult time shopping. So, why am I spending time writing this with all the work to be done? Well, it's a nice break, really. And I think I've pretty well established my ability to procrastinate. All day, I've been tied up with other people, working on their stuff and it's nice to get a minute to myself before I start the grueling process of actually finishing something of my own - something other than a tub of leftover Chinese food I brought for a "snack".

2 Comments:

  • At 8/29/2005 8:06 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    I brought home a tubby chinese once (for a snack) Sweet and Sour.

     
  • At 8/29/2005 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I jsut stumbled onto yer blog. I was entertained :) so thank you. I totally feel your pain though for mondays and the annoying boss. Nothing is more irritating then when u have craploads to do and u have dumb emails coming ur away about stupid shit that just takes up all ur time...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home