Worth the Time

Friday, August 11, 2006

Lonesome Road

I thought I would get to this earlier this week, but I didn't; sorry about that, folks. I am still in a bit of a funk. It’s funny though, I don’t know the last time I felt this blue and as a result, I’ve been working out harder this week than I have in months. There is a part of me that thinks the endorphins will eventually overpower my psyche and naturally bring me out of my low. The jury’s still out.

For the first weekend in months, my schedule is actually open, with the exception of working at the bar tonight. So, I guess it’s not really all that open. A group of us were planning on taking out the boat tomorrow but the planets did not align and we are all going our separate ways. The weekend doesn’t have to be a total loss, though. I’ve never really had what you Westerners call “friends” so I can easily go back to binging, boozing, smoking bowls, and urinating in a Pakistani cab all by myself.

There is a small chance I will break from my gluttonous lifestyle and drive up to see Iowa City Guy (the new name for Wedding/Boating/SoDak dude). But after a long drive on both our parts last weekend, neither of us wants to bite the bullet and take another road trip again this weekend.

All-in-all, have a good one. You can find me passed out in the alley behind your house.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home