Worth the Time

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Why not Wednesdays




You know you’re too drunk when even TBC won’t talk to you. He is, however, pimping me out to his co-worker, so I may forgive his transgressions.

In college, we called them “why not Wednesdays” because people would say, “You’re going drinking on a Wednesday?” To which we would reply, “Why not?!” Thus borne “why not Wednesdays”. (And by “we”, I mean “me” because let’s face it, I had no friends.) But that was in college and although I’m much older, I’m clearly none the wiser. I did not set an alarm this morning, but woke up at my usual “sleeping-in” time of 6:05. I felt like a champ until I stumbled my way into the bathroom and realized I was still a little drunk. But why should I let being drunk stop me from working now so I showered and made it in like a trooper. So the worst part of it is, I’ve been more productive today than I have all week. It disgusts me and makes me proud all at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home