Worth the Time

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Whose laughing now?

I made it to St Paul late Sunday night. Seeing as how we were out until 6am the night before (another post entirely), getting here before midnight was a feat in itself. Not yet an hour into the trip, traffic was gridlock. It took me well over an hour to go 12 miles. All of the weekenders (mostly lame Wisconsinites) bottleneck into the final tollbooth (stupid civil engineers) and those of us Illinois residents with the I-Pass are forced to suffer. Beyond that, the weather sucked – rain, drizzle, hail… you name it. But there was a fun part to this trip, my battle with MN License plate ME 987, aka Cpt. Douchebag. I was rolling cruise control and this guy would repeatedly pass me and then slow down and pass me again. I’d had enough so about 70 or so miles out, I thought of the perfect solution… just stay behind him. I figured, “Ok, asshole - you wanna play games, I’ll play games.” He dropped it down to 55 and sped up to 85, but I was unwavering. I didn’t tailgate him, I kept my 2 sec distance, but he was still so annoyed- it was a beautiful thing. I even got the finger when he exited onto I-694 in St Paul. I laughed at him - Nobody likes to be fucked with, asshole.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home