Worth the Time

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Old Rascal

People watching – I love it, absolutely. In fact, it’s one of the primary reasons I go to the bars (the other being the hopes of scoring some crank). Today was a pretty nice day in Chicagoland and it championed the return of my favorite old man, a man who gives people watchers everywhere new respect. The old man rolls out on his metallic blue (very youthful) electric mobile scooter (from where, I don’t know) and sits at the four-way stop – just to people watch. Hang’n out, unbound to a schedule, observing contently, and enjoying the day. (I’m a bit jealous.) Some day, I’d like to pull up a camp chair and keep him company, not talk to him, just chill with him. After that, I’d go hunting for some crank.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/31/2006 10:19 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    Airport people watching is the best. The best is in Atlanta, it's the cross roads of America as far as i'm concerned, and especially fun while your intoxicated at 7am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home