Worth the Time

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Beard Thing

Ok, I am talking about a man’s groomed, facial beard. There has been some question – not that the super cool chick beard isn’t sexy or the awesome neck beard a hottie must, or the I think there’s a small pigmy family nesting in here beard isn’t a total turn-on, but they’re just not my thing. Also, the face’s underlying features (pun intended) still need to be strong and beautiful – good bone structure, nice eyes, full lips, etc.

This weird attraction has not always been, in fact it was quite the opposite. In the past, I was always attracted to and dated guys with a clean-shaven face. Oh sure, the occasional badboy stubble is something no woman can resist, but that’s different. While in grad school, however, something in me changed and facial hair can be sexy. The genesis…

My roommates (4 dudes) all put in 10 bucks on who could go the longest without shaving. I told them I would throw in $10 to not shave my legs and they, in turn, offered me $10 to start shaving my legs more than once a month and $20 if I would just walk around with a bag over my head. Anyway, the first roommate lasted only three days; he’s a bit of a pretty boy, so we all kinda expected it when things got hairy (pun intended). The other three seemed to be in it for the long haul. After a couple weeks or so, my blonde roommate bit the dust. He’s such a granola guy that he totally could’ve made it work but the guy has such a baby face, that it really made the weak patchy eyesore he was sporting look a bit forced. That left the final two, both dark haired and tan, they could really grow a hearty beard and at first, the sight of them made me giggle and then, I became strangely attracted to them… like hot for them, even. But there’s more to it that just the look, it’s the style and attitude that (generally, not always) accompany a guy (under 40) taking on a beard – quirky confidence is rad.

2 Comments:

  • At 3/24/2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Like an 80's pron star, you should be proud.

     
  • At 3/26/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Mandy Smedley said…

    I don't know who you are...but I totlaly agree with all theat beard philosophy and if any of my spelling is messed up on here...it's bc firefox is retarded. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home