Worth the Time

Friday, March 24, 2006

Work schmerk, give me a beer

It’s been a rotten week at work… absolutely rotten. Deadlines tightened, projects reassigned, workgroups realigned – and none seemed to be done so in my favour. To make matters worse, I did something to my back and can barely walk. (This is when having that generous supply of pain pills really pays off.) As a result, I am feeling neither creative nor motivated to post, often considered a piece of brilliant literature I’m sure. Seriously, TGI muthafuck’n F. The only saving grace to the week is that I’m going to see my girl, KJ, this weekend and I am so totally looking forward to it, even if it does mean driving to Iowa to do so. With that said, however, Iowa had t's moment and so here's Friday’s Five things I miss about Iowa:
6) KJ, Chrissie, and Carl (my friend, my roommate, my Carl)
56) Golf Leagues (Being money every Wednesday and making money every Friday)
76) Black Forrest Cake Flavor of the Day
8) Univ of Iowa bars… and the loyal food carts in the square
61) Popcorn days at Rockwell (it made my eight breaks a day even better

Hmm.... three items involving food, it must be lunch time.... or any other hour in the day, really.

4 Comments:

  • At 3/24/2006 3:03 PM, Blogger The Portly Gentleman in Aisle 5 said…

    Holy crap. I must have spent eight thousand dollars at the Deadwood on pinball alone.

     
  • At 3/24/2006 4:01 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    Have fun and don't have sex with any black people. Nevermind, you're going to Iowa.

     
  • At 3/27/2006 6:53 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    Iowa is corn right? We shouldn't laugh at Iowa, because once the oil runs out - Iowa will become the new Saudi Arabia. OPEC will be changed to OPECAI - the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries and Iowa.

     
  • At 3/27/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Nicole said…

    I worked a co-op (aka: internship) in Iowa. Although, I use the term "worked" VERY liberally.

    chuck - The 'Wood is definitely a must-hit bar and has some off-the-pulley theme parties.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home