Worth the Time

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Tumors are Rue

I am not a racist. Oh sure, there were those hate crimes I committed, but you can hardly count dragging a family of black-asian Islamic Jews behind your pickup a ‘crime’. I grew up in a very liberal family and many of my friends and their families are open to people of all cultures, as well… for the most part. As more of us moved to large schools and metro areas, the chances of one of us dating other races increased and so have the discussions about this very topic. Being the angelic whitey in a sea of beautiful black men (and having hot sensual sex with a number of them) brought the topic up again. It’s always interesting to hear the opinions of my friends and those of their parents; usually best defined as a “not in my backyard” attitude. Whereby, “I am not racist, but I don’t think I could ever date someone outside my race,” and “My parents have no problem with interracial relationships as long as I’m not in one.” I can respect that. As for me, people are people (Depeche Mode shout-out). My parents? They could care less, too. (Not that it matters, but it should be noted two of my mom’s sisters married black men.) I’m not sure where I was going with this… maybe I’m trying to endorse the thought of actually dating any one of the countless non-white men I’ve slept with over the years… yeah, I’m sure that’s it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home