Worth the Time

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cold and tired and yet, I'm still gorgeous

A few hours ago, I rolled over my forty hours for the week, but when you’re salaried, there’s really no such thing. I’ve been commuting to another facility all week, training the new engineer and then trying to do my own stuff at night. It’s almost as miserable as the time I go my face stuck to that tree in the park… almost... and don't ask. I’m tired and have about eighty-six more things to tie up before I leave for vacation (more on this tomorrow). To make matters worse, I have a raging headache right now. Thank goodness it’s lunchtime!! Oddly enough, a good friend of mine works in the building next to mine (and not the same company) and we are hitting up lunch together. I like going to lunch with him because his job is way shittier than mine (he’s an engineer also) and it makes me feel better when others around me are suffering, too. No, it doesn’t (I’m not always a bitch) but the empathy is nice. It doesn’t help that Chicago turned colder than a witch’s tit this week, either (I REALLY miss SoCal.) My friend just called – he is so bogged down with work, he can’t make lunch. Huh, I feel better already – ok, so maybe I am a bitch. Deal. Well shit, I have zilch for you today - I am riding on three hours sleep and my brain is mush. Have a good FBUDTFTAMWCT (fully bundled up due to freezing temps and miserable wind chills Thursday).

1 Comments:

  • At 11/18/2005 10:03 AM, Blogger The (IRON) Clyde said…

    You can't be golden every day.....but you do have a history of dropping the ball (in reguards to posting) on Thursdays, must be the quiet before the storm (ie the weekend).

    Like LL always said...
    "don't call it a comeback"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home