Worth the Time

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Forgetting the Past

So, MTV's RW/RR Battle Challenge Gauntlet thing is about to start. I don't get into the Real World or Laguna Beach or any of that garbage, but I am a major junkie for this show. Pitting former castmembers against each other, those who are desperately extending their 15 minutes by creating drama and beating each other metally and physically, to win enough money to continue putting off the pursuit of a real job. It's a lot like my life so what's not to like?! Well, guess where they filmed this season - fucking Tobago. I watched the season preview and already recognized a couple places (bars). As a result, I am even more excited to watch the show because of the location's familiarity and yet, (and I really hate to stay on this point), it is totally going to be a weekly reminder of how much I miss that damn island. It should be noted when I saw the RW cast in Costa Rica, I missed that place, too... but it was many months later. The Gauntlet show is painfully airing the day after my return! Is this a sign or is God punishing me for doing drugs, having random sexual partners and abusing disabled kids at school? No one can really know for sure. Ok, I know how sick and tired you all are of hearing about this and so as of now - I am done. I am putting it behind me and letting go. Not that MTV needs any plugs from this unknown soldier but I encourage you to watch the show - it's truly a guilty pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home