Worth the Time

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Prolapsed Anything

My head is pounding, my complexion is ruddy, and my eyes are bloodshot. I have the shakes, the chills, and the runs. I'm not answering my phone, I can't focus on work. And I dont think it's a result of my diet. (Yes, I started a diet... again.) It's just been a long week. I flew in late on Sunday and so I probably started the week off badly. Last night rounded out 40.5 hours of work on the week - it was only Wednesday. Surprisingly, 98% of this time was spent doing actual work. I haven't even really had a moment to enjoy myself, with the exception of robbing the prostitute on my way home from work, but even that didn't give me the same pleasure it usually does. I was looking forward to blowing off part of today... mail some packages, mow the lawn, maybe get a massage.... a "Chinese massage". I checked my schedule - fricken booked. (In fact, I am in a net meeting right now.) Tomorrow and the subsequent weekend is not an option, as I am leaving to head up to America's Dairyland for the weekend.

With that behind me, I am going to try to post less about work because my feelings toward my job have been misconstrued. I don't hate my job, I like it... like polishing off an 18 piece chicken finger dinner in one sitting. Sure, the people here are sucky but people are sucky everywhere. This job is moving my career and there is life beyond what I am doing here, personally and professionally. Since I am clearing things up, I would also like to inform you that I was NOT the one on the LA County Courthouse pissing myself and screaming lines of Shakespeare, despite internet rumors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home