Worth the Time

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Just the SportsCenter Highlights, please.

I follow baseball. Although I don't pay a lot of attention to the National League, I try to stay on top of the American League. (figuratively and literally) Figuratively, because I cheer for the Twins!!, the Yankees, and the White Sox (in that order).... and literally, because I've been dating Derek Jeter for just over three years. The thing I like least about baseball is having to actually watch the games. The thing I like the best about baseball or anything in a stadium, really - beer, peanuts, beer, and Chicago Dogs (no onions, lite on the relish). To me, baseball is the second most boring sport at the professional level, soccer being numero uno. Although you get a few bursts of excitement, you have to endure many minutes of lull. With that being the case, I may as well be home having sex, it's the same principle. So when last night's game went into SIXTEEN innings, it was a bit of a drain. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the social aspect of going to baseball games... and the food... and the occasional girl on girl action. Thanks to total cutie Cuddyer's homer in the ninth, the game was pushed into extra innings... SEVEN extra innings, to be exact. I'm pretty sure I paid the beer man's rent for the next three months. Luckily for you readers, the Twins won - you wouldn't have wanted to hear my wrath had I endured over five hours of stadium time if the Sox had come out on top. Needless to say, I'm super tired today and in no mood to post much... plus, I actually have work to do these days. Weird, I know.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home