Worth the Time

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Erection, not that kind


Someday, I hope to work in an environment where employees’ emotions are not dictated by the day of the month. It’s month end and as usual, everyone is freaking out, grumpy, and on edge which makes my job miserable. My supervisor is telling me to do one thing and telling the floor personnel to do another. Ok, I realized you have no idea what I am talking about... what else is new, right? I admit, I don't always make sense... but when you're as incredibly attractive as I am, it's not really expected.

So here’s the deal. I was told on Tuesday that I am now in charge of a major expansion project… and yesterday, I was informed, “Oh, and by the way, the construction crews are showing up on Tuesday… this Tuesday – be ready. The problem is the area in question is full of product, processing lines, and workstations… all which needs to be cleared out and since this weekend is a holiday so no one is scheduled to work. Awesome. Basically, I have today and tomorrow to get our shit together. However, it's month end, so no one will give up the resources to do the work and my supervisor is backing that decision. Well, fuck if it’s going to be my ass on the line when the erection crew shows on Tuesday and we’re not ready. And yes, I said erection.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home