Worth the Time

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Deja Vu

Wow, where do I begin… it’s been so long and there is so much news to tell… and yet, I don’t want to shoot my load all in one day.

Being in Minneapolis was great, I really miss living there… I miss my working for Corporate and the people, I miss the city, and I miss my friends. Ugh. Mpls always feels so familiar....

Déjà vu. (No, not the strip club… although, my friend used to own the one downtown… the man dated A LOT of strippers in that time, but who wouldn’t, right?!) A literal definition of déjà vu is when one eye sees something before the other or scientifically, when the temporal lobe has a minor seizure. There are also the beliefs that déjà vu exists because you carry memories of your past lives or that since your life is predetermined, a feeling of déjà vu signifies you are on the right path in your life (the latter being the one I like). I remember having only one or two moments of déjà vu in my life (both my senior year of college) prior to moving to California, upon which I would experience them frequently. Since moving to Illinois, I haven’t had them until my recent trip to Mpls, where I experienced two very strong déjà vu moments. It was super weird, like stop me in my tracks weird, because they were so intense. (I admit I should probably lay off the drugs for a while). Although I am no astrological-artsy-fartsy-faith-healer type of chick (I’m a fucking engineer, for Christ’s sake), I just can’t help but think that maybe I shouldn’t be in Chicago, or in my current job position, or simply that something is awry... and that I need to lay of the drugs.

I know this post was not very entertaining for the first one out of the blocks, but it’s been on my mind, so suck a rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home