Worth the Time

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

OMG!! Girls night out!!!

This weekend, I was officially a part of the biggest cliché ever – a boys poker night/girls night out. Ugh, it’s so totally cliché and lame that I am truly ashamed to have been a part of it. Plus, as a single gal, the whole ‘girls night out’ thing doesn’t quite carry the same significance. Although, it should be noted of the four non-single women, only one is actually married; the rest live in sin with their male partners, so they are hardly single by traditional means. I thought by meeting up with the crews later in the evening that it wouldn't be quite as bad, I was wrong. As shocking as it may be, on this particular night, I actually had a guy to pawn off on ‘the boys’ for the evening. I think he was happier to play poker with them than be just with me. Fair enough, it is me we’re talking about. I guess that makes me his friend wingman. Being a ‘duff’, I’m pretty good at taking the wingman/wingwoman role… oh the sorrows of being the wingman and never the man, er woman... hell, I'd settle for being the wing. Well, as I stayed sober and suprisingly still managed to lose my dignity at the bar (another story entirely), my guy friend was getting completely blasted and not-so-suprisingly losing a large sum of cash to the other fellas. I requested a sucker-finder’s fee from the male group and after they declined, I stole their wallets… oh yeah - who’s the sucker, now!? So back to the girls night and being single and not ever having as much fun with non-single girlfriends. No wait, I totally take that back… KJ is married and she is still a super fun single friend. I'm sure it was a number of things, my attitude in particular, but maybe it was this group of girls, maybe it was attending a bachellorette party just last weekend, maybe it was my inflamed labia, maybe it was the ridiculous amount of work i had to do by Monday, maybe it was the single line of coke I snorted, maybe it was the cock I sucked, or maybe, just maybe…. it was something else entirely.

Wow, ok, this post was all over the place but I’m far too busy to revise, you’re smart, you’ll adjust.

5 Comments:

  • At 2/07/2006 3:28 PM, Blogger About Me: said…

    easily, it's cause you were part of such a cliche. like how a guy told me he plays flag football with only guys on sundays b/c they want to get away from their wives, but flirty/cheerleady types are welcome

    no thanks!

     
  • At 2/07/2006 11:09 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    umm, I find it hard to believe that you did only ONE line of coke and sucked only ONE cock. If I wanted to read lies then I would read my own blog...fuck.

     
  • At 2/08/2006 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice recovery on the“not ever having as much fun with non-single girlfriends”. I am the only single girlfriend that read this, aren’t I? And besides that, I am not that much fun anymore. Don’t lie in your blog. If I wanted to read lies I would start reading TBG.

     
  • At 2/08/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Nicole said…

    C'mon, I don't want to look like a drug-addicted cock-sucker, do I?! If I did, I would just write about TBC's life. (The man likes blow and blows pole - but really, what else is there?)

     
  • At 2/08/2006 12:06 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    Personal Pan Pizzas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home