Worth the Time

Monday, January 23, 2006

Brief Bits

Matt G. – with all of your “D” talk last week, I thought the Pittsburg/Denver score would be 0-0… hmmm, guess the Broncos need an Offense after all. Sorry for your loss.

My former HR Manager has been trying to set me up the new engineer at our California facility… difficult from 1000 miles away, but a nice gesture. Since the Cali engineer is here this week, I woke up a little earlier in a feeble attempt to pull myself together and not look like the recovering heroin brownie addict I am. He came by my cube and like a total junior high girl, I pulled the ultimate lame-chick line, “Oh, I totally forgot you were coming today.” As the words were coming out of my mouth, my inner voice was shouting “No, Nicole… just don’t,” followed by, “Ugh, you make me sick, I cannot believe you just said that; you are so dumb.” (He had reminded me a good half-dozen times last week about his being here.) Sometimes, I am so totally lame.

The bathroom at work got new paper towel dispensers and I haven’t found my rhythm to get the right amount, yet. So annoying – either too much or not enough.

The most annoying part about being in Nebraska is having to endure Cornhusker shit everywhere. Anyone who has ever been there knows exactly what I mean. How can a state as lame as Nebraska be bordered by a state as cool as South Dakota?

Don't leave your laundry basket in the middle of the kitchen floor prior to leaving for a weekend trip because upon your return, you'll trip over said basket and break three fingers trying to reach for the counter to catch yourself. So, if I tested genius, how dumb does that make the rest of America!?!

1 Comments:

  • At 1/23/2006 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gimme a break. Roethlisberger was throwing passes so accurate that the balls he threw could hit a playing card at 30 yards. Roethlisberger was nothing short of amazing. Couple that with two rookie CBs, one who is injured (D. Williams) - Foxworth is the one that gave up long third down after long third down all game long.

    Also, admittedly, the TO game is part luck.
    Broncos -- Plummer, ints, fumbles, etc. -- they happen
    Steelers -- fumble, oh wait, his wrist contacted the ground makes him down (gimme a fucking break) -- int that bounces off of Champs chest and somehow just happens to land in Hines Ward's hands -- Fumble, that is just out of a Bronco's reach -- fumble, that hops fucking 10 yards to get out of bounds -- Foxworth, dropping an INT in the end zone.

    Seriously, TOs are the name of the game in the playoffs. Champ and Foxworth gave up those INTs. The 2 out of the 3 fumbles should have been the Broncos but for LUCK. It just so happened that Pitt's got all of the Broncos TOs.

    The game would have drastically different had the TO LUCK game been fair.

    However, Roethlisberger is fucking amazing. In the past two games, he has certainly been the most accurate QB in the league. I have never seen balls thrown so perfect. Pitt deserved to win; they are a better team and they devised a better gameplan. (I forgot to mention that the Broncos couldn't get the Big Ben either -- a major factor)

    (i am still crying)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home