Worth the Time

Friday, January 27, 2006

Faucet Shopping = Not Cool

I am writing this in a bit of a hurry, so my apologies...

When my friend got engaged and had a quickie wedding (no, she was not pregnant), we didn’t have time to throw together a bachellorette party so I suggested a post-wedding shindig and coined it the ball-and-chain party. The party is in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, this Saturday. I made flight arrangements to come in Friday to hang out with one of my very best friends, the attorney. Since I am very selfish with my friend-time, I did not tell the girls I would be in town. Well, the attorney has fallen very sick and has missed this entire week of work. As pathetic as it is, this is the guy who had a near flawless perfect attendance record through 12 grades (he missed one day in fifth grade). So, for him to miss a week of work is a pretty big deal. Even if he is feeling better today, I certainly don’t want to get any of his sickness cooties on me, so spending a lot of time with him is out. My Dad had made plans to take the two of us out for dinner and release us to the bars, but with the attorney out of the picture, I am stuck with my Dad for the entire night. Oh sure, there are other homies I could call, but I’d feel bad ditching the old man fro just anyone with the intent of drinking and partying… even someone has heinous as myself has a soft spot for her parents. My Dad is a pretty awesome guy, so there are worse things than chill’n with him except the chill’n has now made an ugly turn. What started with my Dad suggesting, “I’ll take you to see what your Mom and I picked out for the house,” ended with my Mom telling me, “I want you to go pick out the fixtures for the bathrooms and kitchen, oh and while you’re at it, choose the bathroom sinks and vessels… and the wall tile… and the floor tile to correspond.” Ugh. The pains of choosing home décor will make the mass quantities of liquor on Saturday night taste all the sweeter.

Friday’s Five Favorite Drinks
79) Bloody Miller Lite
30) Jack Daniels and Diet Coke
63) Black Velvet
80) Gin and Tonic
64) VO Seven-Up

2 Comments:

  • At 1/27/2006 4:00 PM, Blogger The (IRON) Clyde said…

    Have fun Bob Vila....


    1. Southern and Coke
    2. White Russians
    3. Jager
    4. Vodka and rocks.
    5. Miller lite, the other champaign of beers.

    ..and if you only see 1 and 2 in my hand when I'm out...WATCH OUT!!!

     
  • At 1/27/2006 7:03 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    Oh...go for the tub with those cast iron paws as feet thing - then you can put candles all around it. If you build it, they will come.

    1. Vodka Tonic with slice of lime
    2. Bacardi and Coke
    3. Margaritas on the rocks and salt
    4. Blue Moon wheat beer - slice of orange
    5. Vodka Tonics again

    Also - always trust Jack Bauer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home