Worth the Time

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

TV Time

I think I have mentioned before that I am not much of an electronics person… necessity items such as flat iron, hair dryer, and dildos notwithstanding. For instance, the iPod I received for Christmas – still in the box; my television – a 19” set from an after-Thanksgiving sale 10 years ago, which incidentally sits on the tv cart I’ve had since junior high; when my DVD player broke mid 2005, I replaced it with one that cost around $35. Oh sure, I’ve had the intention of shelling out some big dollars for a complete entertainment system, but intentions are just that – intending to do something, not actually doing them. Cases in point include my intention to not get high before work, my intention to stop stealing money from kids, and my intention to not take a shit and hide it in my friends’ cars. I haven’t needed the fancy system, as my archaic television works fine, but the desire for a new one stems from both necessity and laziness. When I workout, I need to watch television (necessity) and since the workout equipment is in another room, I have to wheel my tv and crap around to that room which is a royal pain in the ass (laziness), not to mention a no-no on my wood floors. Thus, a new television is in my future, two sets to accommodate two rooms.

Oh, I’d also like to mention that I pretty pissed at my parents for giving away their 36” television to my Dad’s maintenance man when they knew I’ve needed a new one for some time. (Karma?) “Oh, we didn’t think you would’ve want it.” AHOY!?! Wtf, Mom and Dad?

Anyway, I thought about going all out (and way into debt) and purchasing the flat screen, HDTV, etc, with surround speakers and blah blah blah… But in reality, those fancy features don’t mean anything to me. If I am satisfied with an old bargain television, I figure I’ll be satisfied with a new bargain television.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home