Worth the Time

Friday, February 10, 2006

Life's Not on Hold

I’ve got big plans for the weekend - monster truck rally, replace the linoleum in the trailer, and drinking beer with my dart league team. Oh, and right after that, I’m pretty sure I’ll be shooting myself. Actually, I don’t have too terribly much on the weekend’s radar. I will be working most of the day on Saturday, which I’m pretty sure is some sort of record or something and I definitely deserve an award or something. Saturday night, I’m “on the list” for the VIP room at some new club downtown. I’m not sure how it will rate on the fun meter, but I’m willing to give it a shot. Since I’ll be drinking for free, it surely can’t be all bad, “Bartender, I’ll have a Tangueray 10 & Tonic, please, light on the tonic.” I don’t think I’ll really know anyone but because of my uber important and fabulous status, I managed to weasel a couple of my friends’ names on the list, too, so I wont be totally alone in a sea of hipsters and wannabe’s. But it’s still official - I’m still a shell of the gal I once was a still long to be as tonight, I am planning a series of costly shopping trips to Menards/Lowe’s, Target, and Best Buy to purchase things for my house.

Have a great weekend. And if you hear something in the distance and see a rustling of leaves – it’s me, I’m watching you and yes, it’s in the creepy sort of way.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home