Worth the Time

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Holiday Angst

Shopping. I have done more damn shopping for Christmas this year than any year I can remember. I have also purchased more items for myself than any year in memory. Although, I don’t remember much of anything prior to my ‘Betty Ford’ vacation. I usually have a general idea of what some lucky schmuck is going to get from me and, if I do say so myself, I am a great gift giver. But this year has been a bit more of a struggle – F-you, Christmas 2005. Not only is my shopping list incomplete just one day before going home, I’ve also really struggled this year with thinking of and finding the perfect gift for my friends/family. And as I mentioned, to make matters worse, nearly every time I have gone out to shop for others, I have found only things for myself – everything from a pagemark dictionary to a sexy little number from La Perla. (I’m not putting the picture of me sexed up in my new La Perla set because A) I’d hate to blind anyone so close to Christmas and B) it may be considered part of Half-Nekkid Thursday and we all know how I feel about that.) A season whose spirit can make me feel so soft and warm inside has made me feel gluttonous, irritated, and anxious… hungry and horny, too, but those are year-round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home