Worth the Time

Friday, November 11, 2005

Weekends are for Play

I've only been at work for about 90 minutes and already I'm irritated with the day. As I have sort-of written about before, Friday is usually my fluff day, whereby I complete the menial tasks I've compiles during the week. Well, today is going to be another actual hard work day like yesterday. What's worse, I know I'm not going to finish my project and am going to have to work this weekend. I hate working on the weekend.

Friday's Five things I like about winter:
74) snow (I don't even mind shoveling)
73) holidays (you can't go wrong with Jesus and cranberry sauce)
2) snowboarding (Illinois totally sucks in this respect)
57) shopping (to be fair, I like this every season)
32) vacations! (more on this next week)

1 Comments:

  • At 11/11/2005 9:10 AM, Blogger The (IRON) Clyde said…

    5.5) Drinking Southern and Cranberry while opening presents at my parents place. Yes I am 29, yes my mom still buys as many presenets for me as when I was 10.

    I will parlay any drunk family gatherings under this number as well. So drinking/getting drunk with my 55yr old uncle who still lives with my Grandma/Grandpa and the rest of my family, no I'm not kidding.

    5.4) Winter car accidents. I love idiots that don't know how to drive in the snow. Oh yeah Mr. Asshole, you think you can go 75 on this black ice? Go for it buddy, meet Mr. Ditch. Fucker.

    5.3)Snow/Snowboarding - if I get this new position it's time for a new board (Burton Custom X). Looks like some trips to Alpine/Wilmot coming up, perhaps you can tag along, if you're nice to me.

    5.2) Everyone is nice for pretty much all of Decemeber, human nature and kindness at it's best. At least until the evening of Jan 1, when they return to being pricks because the holiday season is over and the trees are already on the curb waiting to be picked up.

    5.1) Did I mention I carry mistletoe in my jacket pocket? Watch out ladies, talk about a weapon of mass destruction.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home