Worth the Time

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'm Ready! (again)

I read some triathlon training articles last night. I started reading them as a procrastination maneuver, but it ended up being a valuable use of my time. I was very gung-ho in the beginning but over the last couple weeks, my workouts have really lost their luster. Going to the gym is no longer guided by motivation, goals, and determination, but as a result of being slave to routine – kinda like how you guys feel when you go to work. I didn’t workout the other night for no good reason; quite simply, I just didn’t feel like it. How much am I going to ‘feel like it’ when I am on vacation with my Mom’s family – the chances of me being bitten by a Loch Ness Monster was greater. However, after reading some new training stuff, I am recharged and excited to make some technique changes. With all the walls crumbling in on me lately, the new workouts will offer some diversion from real life during my gym time – thank God.

2 Comments:

  • At 6/16/2005 10:41 AM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    Glad to have you back.

     
  • At 6/16/2005 8:06 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    Nicole, when ever I think about not going to the gym, cheating on my meals, or watching American Idol, I remember that the last thing I want to do is let you, Sam, and all the great tri-blogs down. You have a support network here, you are a support network.

    This is the part were "eye of the tiger" would start playing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home