Worth the Time

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Golf, guys, and style dilemmas

Well, this damn knee thing is really putting a crimp in my plans and it pisses me off. Not only can I not work out, it just plain sucks. It's sore and hurts and if I roll on my side when I sleep, the pain from my other knee hitting it wakes me up. Granted, the sleep wasn't going to be all that good, anyway, as I've been sleeping on couches and floors since the incident. Still.

What's more is that I have a wedding on Saturday, I bought a cute skirt and top a while back for the occasion and with my Quasimodo leg, I am very self-conscious about wearing it. I know what you're thinking -so wear pants. (Such a guy way of thinking) The problem is the trousers I have look like just that - trousers. Even the cute ones look like something you would wear to work, even if I dress it up with a silk top or something. This is sort of a hick town, but I don't care, I am not a hick and refuse to dress inappropriately. So, crap

Additionally, Saturday morning is pre-wedding golf with the boys. Too vague? Fine. By "the boys," I mean just that - my friends from college. While the girls are getting their hair done and eating pastries and fruit, I'll be out on the links with the groom and his wedding party, trying not to get too drunk before the 5 pm wedding. I hope I'll be able to golf without too much pain and swelling but even if I can't it'll still be fun, just not the same.

Oh and with that, I know what you're thinking and no, I am not one of "those girls". In college, I was an athletic trainer for the football team and as a result, many of them became my closest friends. When you are closely interacting with so many people all day, everyday, it's hard not to find ones you click with. The guy getting married this weekend and I were especially close and I am so happy to be a part of his wedding day.

Shoot, I am really pissed about my bum leg. Oh well, July is quickly approaching (yea!!!) and this too shall pass.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home