Worth the Time

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Composure



This weekend's company Christmas party was fun. (And since I live in the Midwest, I can still say Christmas not refer to it as a Holiday party.) I ended up sporting a date after all, inviting a gal friend of mine whose boyfriend was having a guy's night downtown. I have no doubt this increased the percentage of facility operators who think I am a lesbian from 43 to 67. But, I could give two shits because I can still take them in arm wrestling. Hmm… that doesn’t really help my case for the “I’m not a lesbian” argument, does it? Regardless, I still represented by 1) looking totally amazing, 2) being impeccably dressed, and 2) having the hottest date there, even if it was a chick.

I had made a decision very early on to not go balls to the wall and moderately pace my drinking, as to not become the talk of the town on Monday. I know what you’re thinking, "There’s no way Nicole stuck to that." But, I did and it proved to be a remarkably wise decision because even thought I drank enough to have fun, I didn’t wake up to a half-eaten bologna sandwich and a fully-nude Parisian man…. although, that was a pretty fun night, too.

So as much as I hate to disappoint the four of you, it was a relatively low-key Christmas party.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home