Worth the Time

Friday, October 27, 2006

Request Full Disclosure


I have a friend, well, she’s more of an acquaintance than anything else. She and I met shortly after I moved to Chicago, as we kept seeing each other at the same nightspots. Before I left for Alaska, she had phoned to ask me to dinner and also mentioned a friend she’d like me to meet (read: go out on a date with). I put our dinner plans on hold but told her she could pass on my phone number to her friend; which, she did.

The gentleman called a couple times and I finally called him back on Monday. Since my weekends are pretty much booked being all super fabulous and stuff, this gentleman and I arranged a weekday dinner date. I had some reservations as the friend/acquaintance is not exactly the most credible source for finding soul mates, but this guy didn’t seem like a total douchebag and a free meal is a free meal and I'm fat and fat people like free meals and Italian silk.

Upon meeting David, he looked instantly familiar but I did not know from where. During our introductory conversation, I couldn’t stop myself from trying to place his face and then, the ball dropped. He happened to mention working for Mtv and at that moment, I realized how I recognized him. He was a fucking Mtv Real World cast member. Unable to curb my curiosity, I asked him about it and he confirmed.

Now, there are a few RW men of past I wouldn’t mind cuddling up with, but this guy wouldn’t exactly be one of them. But, people can change, right? And why should I let a silly little thing like being a reality ass blemish what could turn out to be a perfectly good fuck? But oh yeah - there is just one more thing - he’d once been arrested with a hooker... a $10 hooker.

[Insert joke here.]

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home