Worth the Time

Friday, November 10, 2006

Bad Weather Friday

As I write this, I am sitting approximately 30 miles south of Eau Claire, Wisconsin… sitting… in my rental car… on the interstate… not moving. The first Midwest winter snow storm hit late last night and it’s taking its toll on the idiots of the road. But, I should rewind, like, a lot. There is much to recap and hopefully the anger you feel as a result of my inattentiveness to this blog in the last week will be lessened.

My trip back to South Dakota was a good one. My friends and I got completely wasted (and my parents paid for the whole tab) and although I did not have sex myself that night, I derived some pleasure from pimping out my friend to another friend. Sometimes, giving really is better than receiving because these two kids were in need, even moreso than I.

The wedding on Saturday was as “rural” (PC for "white trash") as expected. The mullets, shaved heads with long ponytail, and 16-year-old hookers that adorned the groom's side of the church were a stark contrast to the suits and dresses of our side. I ate dinner (free meal, duh) but didn't hang around for the dance portion of the evening because, well, I had better offers elsewhere.

All in all, it was fantastic weekend with my amazing friends.

Monday started off with a real zeal for my job. I worked from 7:20 AM Monday morning through 2:30 AM Tuesday, with only a pause for lunch. I returned to work a mere two hours later (at 4:30 AM) for 4.5 straight hours of meetings. Tuesday did have an up side, though -another division of the company I work for wanted me in Minneapolis on Thursday to interview for a position I applied for.

And here we are, in the middle of a snowstorm, on a Friday. The only benefit to topping out at 40 mph and/or not moving at all is that I wont get another $261 speeding ticket like the one I received yesterday. Fucking Wisconsin... beer, cheese, and expensive speeding tickets.

2 Comments:

  • At 11/13/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Spandex King said…

    You forgot the Fricken Packers!! They Suck!!

     
  • At 11/14/2006 7:28 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    ...the Bucks too. They suck also. I got a speeding ticket (my only speeding ticket, because i'm a goodie two-shoes) in Wisconsin on my way from Madison to Wausau. Argh.

    But I still love Wisconsin - second best state in the Union!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home