Worth the Time

Thursday, September 28, 2006

The NFL - what's that?

Damn you, Vikings!! Why do you test me so?! Sure, I’ve seen the Viking lose countless times… and once in a while, even to the likes of the Chicago Bears. So why am I so upset? While this is not my first Viking loss, this is my first time having to endure a Vikings loss to the Bears while being a Vikings fan working at a Bears bar. Ugh.

Had the Vikes won, I would’ve taken the high road, been a class act and humbly relished in the sweet comfort of victory. Unfortunately, I bartend to a bunch of, for lack of a better word, assholes and knew they would be merciless. I planned my defense carefully, not unlike the 1985 Bears, ironically enough. My dialougue would go something like this, “Oh really? Did the Vikings play this weekend? I guess I hadn’t noticed. The Bears? Who are they?” Even with this stealthy and uncompromising defense, I was in no mood to deal. Coupled with my exhaustion from the weekend, I finally called another bartender to come in and take the shift.

The Vikings may have lost, but personally, I have to call this one a draw.

And by the way, I've been ragging on Canada a lot lately but really, it's not all bad... except for the French parts, those are still pretty bad.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/28/2006 10:35 AM, Blogger Spandex King said…

    As I walked out of the dome I was reminded of the loss to Atlanta in the NFC championship season game. You know the one were we missed the only field goal of the entire year that would have iced the game and put us in the S.Bowl. That was a tough pill to swallow. I never ,never wanted to feel like that again. And yes the bear fans SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9/28/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Nicole said…

    I remember it vividly... I sat silently stunned and then began to tear up.

     
  • At 9/29/2006 9:04 AM, Blogger The (IRON) Clyde said…

    eff the Bears.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home