Worth the Time

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm 25, thanks.

Fucking thirty. Do you even remember a time when thirty-years-old sounded old? I do – three weeks ago. It was three weeks ago when my first real friend turned thirty years old and since then, people in my life have been turning the big 3-0 as fast as taking a shit on a cold morning. I knew this day would come but I never anticipated the profound effect it has had on me. I was always the youngest in the family, the youngest student in the class, and the youngest among my friends so I’m used to people being older than myself and them hitting age milestones before me. For some reason, though, I am taking this getting older thing much harder than the people actually having the birthdays. It’s nothing a few sessions on the couch and a very hard prescription (one I don’t take just for fun) can cure. I thought turning 26 in August was difficult, it can only get worse before it get better because seriously - fucking thirty.

3 Comments:

  • At 2/22/2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    Gee, thanks for making me not feel bad about turning 30 in three weeks. Thanks a fucking a lot - maybe i'll just go stick my head in the oven - if they had an over here - there's a toaster oven. That probably won't do the trick. I'll get a tan though - and I could really use a tan. I tell you, I haven't seen the sun in three months and I'm becoming translucent. I looked in the mirror this morning and didn't see my reflection - for a minute I thought that maybe I had become a vampire, but with all that garlic necklace I wear at night, that could never happen.

     
  • At 2/22/2006 10:23 AM, Blogger The (IRON) Clyde said…

    U R not cool, but you knew that.

     
  • At 2/22/2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    Oh, did I forget to include the token after insult line? Sorry, "no offense, y'all."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home