Worth the Time

Friday, February 17, 2006

Nobody stops at just one.

Against my better judgment, I went out last night with some work people. Against my better judgment for two reasons – one, I hate work people and two, I had about two hours of work unfinished for an 8 o’clock morning meeting. But, hey, it was only going to be one drink, right? (You would think I would’ve learned this lesson in college.) More people joined than I expected and of course, one pitcher led to another and I don’t think I need to tell you how this story ends. Not wanting to totally disregard the work I still had to complete, I made it to bed by 10:30, but not before setting my alarm for 3:00AM. So, I’ve been here just short of eight hours on the day (it’s almost noon for you math geniuses) and am nowhere near where I need to be to enjoy my weekend. I had planned on hitting up a museum exhibit and seeing a friend in Milwaukee tomorrow, but it looks like that’s out in lieu of working… fucking work.

I apologize for the same whiney shit day after day lately, but seeing as how my personal life is in the toilet and my professional life is suffocating my existence, there’s very little inspiration. My spirit is broken right now, but undoubtedly on the mend.

Anyway, here is Friday’s Five Movies I’ve Never Seen That People Seem To Freak Out Over When I Tell Them I Haven’t Seen The Movie:
25) Fargo
90) The Notebook
66) Fight Club
69) The Matrix
44) Million Dollar Baby

5 Comments:

  • At 2/17/2006 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if you make it to milwaukee, gimme a call.

     
  • At 2/17/2006 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We will have to see Fight Club when I come out. The rest can wait until you are old and bedridden.

     
  • At 2/18/2006 1:32 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    You Haven't Watched Fight club!!! I take it back, no oral for you, only a vigorous hand job.

     
  • At 2/20/2006 7:10 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    I haven't seen Fargo either. Nor have I seen Scarface - and I lived in what on the weather map describes as Miami - but is really West Palm Beach.

    Go figure. Cuba Libre!

     
  • At 2/27/2006 3:29 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    When you put it that way, 37, it really is sad. (But Neo never looked that good in Wranglers... even if it is bent over another man.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home