Worth the Time

Friday, January 13, 2006

What jerk schedules a meeting for 3:00 on Friday?!

What in Hell happened?! Yesterday, I spent time enjoying the outdoors and today – it’s snowing sideways! This never happened in SoCal… Why did I move here? Why did I move here? Why did I move here? Why did I move here?

A quick note on the job front… No, I have not been fired nor did they find out about that little fling I had with the secretary. My supervisor has taken a new position and will be leaving. Since I always thought he was a terrible manager, not all that great in bed, and unwilling to leave his wife and kids for me, this did not bother me too much. His replacement was announced yesterday and has, unfortunately, been described by some as the antichrist. Three engineers I know have transferred positions to be out from under his black reign. Super.

The people at work were talking about how they clip their pet birds' wings. Although, I am not much of a pet bird fan, what a spirit killer that must be for the bird… but then again, the whole cage thing probably sucked the life out of it already.

Friday’s Five Things I Can’t Do:
96) Touch my tongue to my nose (but you’d be AMAZED by the things I can do with my tongue).
34) Take back the mean things I’ve said, those I regret, anyway (I have been looking into time machines on the internet, though).
1) Believe there is no God. (this may bite me in the ass later, but with the life I lead, I'm not taking any chances)
51) Play a complete song from memory (on one of four musical instruments I’ve taken lessons with).
54) Ever be satisfied. (job, sex, body, love, you name it)

1 Comments:

  • At 1/16/2006 10:03 AM, Blogger Nicole said…

    I know there are good reasons for it and proper ways of doing it, but philosophically, it's such a bummer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home