Worth the Time

Friday, January 20, 2006

Popular Mechanics

In high school, I ran with the popular crowd, which should be a surprise to no one, and since I didn’t develop my skill for living in judgment of others until grad school, I was pretty much liked by everyone. Although, I primarily hung out with my core crew, I would float into different peer groups from time to time, mostly to experiment with new drugs and sexual partners. Unlike most high school's popular crowd obsessed with drinking and the like, we were really squared away (for the most part), old beyond our years, and got good grades. Well, fast-forward almost nine years and what do you get – doctors. All of them became medical professionals, with the exception of three: a nurse, an attorney, and yours truly (an engineer).

I then went on to a small, but highly regarded, science and engineering school. At engineering school, there is not a lot of room for career diversity and the typical student wasn't exactly the Zach Morris type I was used to running with. (Luckily, with my good looks, charming personality, and ability to power a 72-second keg stand, I was thrust into the most popular of collegiate circles. I was suprised to find out that the popular crown was not relative and they were much like the peeps I was used to roll'n with... and most of them actually graduated!!

These two experieces prove the popular kids are part of a new generation coming into their own, taking their nerdy ranks with style and class. I couldn’t be prouder… or more hungry. Seriously, when’s lunch?!

Friday's Five Guilty Pleasures
70) Celebrity gossip
75) Pedicures and bikini waxes during the winter
33) Little Debbie snacks
11) Coach bags
58) Maury's paternity test shows

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home