Worth the Time

Friday, October 07, 2005

Stained Lamp Shades

I grew up in the same house for 13 years (age 4-17). Since going to college (at 17), my folks have lived in five different houses (in 2 states). Needless to say, my room is vastly different than the one from my youth. Since I am the favorite child of my parents, I have been given the liberty to decorate it in my own personal style, but there is not one single item in there from the room of my youth. I guess I'm wondering do parents keep their kids' rooms the same or do they redecorate it the minute the kid leaves for college? In addition, if your room is the same or if you know of one of these people - is it creepy to go back (at 25, 30, etc) to the same room you had in high school? The same room you lost your virginity in (because you were a slut) - the same room with cum stains on the lamp shade (because you were a real dirty slut) - the same room with food crumbs in your secret hiding spot (because you were a fat real dirty slut)?

I'm just asking.

3 Comments:

  • At 10/07/2005 1:43 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    I'm going back to my parent's home for Thanksgiving this year and it's been almost four years now since I moved out (i'm a slacker - lived at home until I was 25). Thank goodness my room burnt down (it was a sign from god), so all evidence is gone.

     
  • At 10/09/2005 7:33 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    Why the fuck do you still have a room at mom and dad's anyways?

     
  • At 10/10/2005 8:10 AM, Blogger Nicole said…

    Because I can, tbc. Don't hate because you're jealous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home