Worth the Time

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Fall into Depression

Autumn is usually my favorite season, but this season it sucks. It's having the opposite effect on my emotions and making me very depressed. Not the Zoloft-popping, on the edge of a building, pissing myself and asking for demands like having ex-boyfriends list the reasons they broke up with me kind of depression. It's more like the singing-the-blues, feeding barking dogs anti-freeze to feel better kind of depression. I always thought I loved fall because of the changing weather and the beautiful foliage (cliche, I know). But I recently discovered such is not the case. I love autumn for what is used to mean: the beginning of the social calendar (school starting), football games, basketball, being with friends, sweatshirts, shopping the new fall lines, not breaking into a sweat on the 104 degree walk into work... you know, the usual stuff. So now that many of those elements are gone (in particular, the whole friends and social calendar thing), it has left me pretty bummed out. I had managed to dodge the fall season the last couple years, but being back in the temperate Midwest, it's in full swing and I've noticed.

For the record, I hate writing about feelings and emotions and crap like that on a blog. It should be filled with drunken merriment and the fun of killing baby seals, but fuck it. I'm feeling blue and screw you for judging me. Assholes. (Ok, maybe I do need Zoloft.)

More on this tomorrow... if I manage to make it out of bed in the morning. (kidding)

2 Comments:

  • At 9/28/2005 4:11 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    Know what you mean.

     
  • At 9/28/2005 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you are going insane, you are not alone. I desire a big life change in the fall. We are programmed to expect that from life. 25 years or more of education brain washing. Maybe that's why I have started to work on my resume, paint the whole house, bought tickets to Maine and Alaska and started having sex with the light on.
    The real bummer is the constant. Shopping. When there is no school or social change up, when there is no new man to start a relationship with or old man to break up with, when there is no big moving out/in day, there is always shopping. The real clincher, the thing that really makes this year bad is that I don’t think I have ever seen a worst fall fashion collection. I will still shop; I will just buy ugly shit this year and only compound my sadness. I know this won’t make you fell better, but I am sad too and I don’t care to make you feel better right now.

    PS. I know what dogs you are thinking about and they will know it was you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home