Worth the Time

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Worth the Growing Pains?

When I was a senior in high school, I penned a term paper titled, “Live Longer, Smoke Pot,” hailing the medicinal purposes of marijuana. At the time, I had yet to take a hit of the stuff. That would all change some weeks later, but I digress. Needless to say, I’ve been a quiet advocate of the stuff, for the most part, because it seems to me in a society that regulates legal barbiturates, steroids, and alcohol – what is the harm in marijuana? I suppose its historical infancy is to blame, but that would be taking me off-topic.

Marijuana is a recognizable legal medicine in the state of California (but not federally, which causes some major hang-ups). Mary jane is also the state’s largest cash crop, twice the value of the grape and vegetable crops COMBINED. So, do we set up a standards system, deregulate the stuff, and gain billions in tax dollars or would in doing so create a series of other demons to fight? I could go on, but some things are better left to others… like my laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping (thanks, Leticia - please don’t get deported.).

http://www.thebigmoney.com/articles/judgments/2009/02/11/audacity-dope


Later losers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home