Worth the Time

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Argument for Bonds

I know I don't usually sports blog, but I need to get this off my chest... my huge, gloriously large-breasted chest. The Daily News reported today that NY Yankee Jason Giambi failed an amphetamines test and in the past, he has been quoted as saying, "I was wrong for doing that stuff," which some say is an admission of guilt. We also know that he admitted in the BALCO case, to using steroids obtained from Greg Anderson, weight trainer to Barry Bonds. (See what a smooth story transition that was.) Anyway, back to Barry Bonds - a man who has probably been less than honest about steroid use.

I am personally not necessarily in the mainstream of public opinion on Barry Bonds. What was it, 2002 or 2003 when steroids were ruled illegal? Right or wrong, whoever took whatever before it was banned, did not act illegally. Right or wrong, think what one might, those balls he hit went over the fence and you can't take them back. His records were made in a legally, officially sanctioned baseball game. How do you place an asterisk on something as though it did not actually happen? Next, Barry Bonds has never admitted anything, and since it has never been proven without a doubt that he has done what some say, America's system of justice deems him innocent. Unfortunately, just the same, one can be found guilty by being tried in the court of public opinion.

5 Comments:

  • At 5/23/2007 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just read about Giambi over at Highbrid Nation and the writer over there really put things in perspective for me. The media has really blew the whole "performance enhancing drug" thing out of proportion. Seriously, I'm not saying its ok to use these drugs but can we please stop acting like these drugs give athletes some kind of super human advantage over thier peers.

     
  • At 5/23/2007 2:15 PM, Blogger The (IRON) Clyde said…

    I hear you, I don't know how many paternity tests I had to sit through and I was found innocent of all accusations. Feel my pain Barry.

     
  • At 6/04/2007 6:05 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    Actually what he did was Illegal. It was not however, part of the drug policy for MLB and the players union.

     
  • At 7/03/2007 6:48 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    we are the worst posters ever

     
  • At 10/01/2007 12:50 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    you are now the worst poster ever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home