Worth the Time

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

No Jazzy News

After tears, sleepless nights, and two grand, I was not able to recover anything from my old PC. I did no lose my job but I may as well have. I don’t really know how to describe the feeling. Having to essentially start all over again in a job I’ve had for two years is so fucked up. Even finding a new job is going to be a big pain in the ass because I lost my resumes. I empathize (to a certain degree) with people who have lost their homes to fires and natural disasters because not a day goes by that you don’t think of something else you are without. I’m trying to move forward, but it’s been difficult and has made work EXTREMELY busy.

Since work has been so stressful, I was looking forward to unwinding some. For some unexplainable reason, when I get extremely stressed out, I get really hot for some heavy making out, like the kind you did in high school (and I did in jr high). This weekend was no exception but as it turned out, this was the wrong year to sacrifice heavy make-out sessions with girls and gay guys for Lent, as the odds would’ve totally been in my favor.

It was a girls’ weekend with my dental friends and I took them to my favorite little dive karaoke bar, where we ended up partying with Nate Berkus. (If you know who Nate Berkus is, chances are we won’t be able to make out this Lenten season.) And even though there was no making out, it was a rousing good time, for sure. I did make a no-gay Lent exception for Nate, who gave me a lovely peck goodbye. Yes, gay guys adore me.

Chicago was pounded by some lame polar ice shield on Saturday night so we took a low-key approach to the evening by eating an amazing meal, having a few (a lot of) drinks, and falling asleep to SNL (which was terrible, by the way.)

See – this post was totally not worth the wait. I was going to come out with JAZZ HANDS, but didn’t really have the creative bug today. I’ll hit it on Friday, when I usually relinquish myself to the thought that there is no sense in doing the work that no one will care about until Tuesday.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home