Worth the Time

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Was Nicole back in Rehab?

As you all know, I went back home a few weekends ago. There were no town events, no life events, and it was not a holiday. Apparently, this is call to raise a red flag and sounds some silent alarm.

Although I only went three places in the 40 hours I was home (bar, church, Zesto) and was met with the, “Oh, is she back in town?” look from a number of locals/lifers/townies. I pretended not to notice and for a bit of fun, acted as though I had been living their for some time and was not just a weekend “visitor”, which may have come across as arrogant but let's face it, it's not that I'm better than you because I'm here and you're there - I'm better than them for so many other reasons. Anyway, some people were actually pretty cool and asked what I was up to these days but for the most part, many just stared and whispered. And thus it begins… just as I enjoy devouring a three-layer chocolate ice water cake, these people will find pleasure in proceeding to ask everyone they see who is moderately acquainted to me what I was doing back in town.

Apparently, it has been a slow season and those running the rumor mill had been busy coming up with their own material, as three distinct people asked me if I had recently gotten married. The answer is yes. His name is Carlos. I’m pregnant.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/24/2006 8:32 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    Carlos? Conozco Carlos, el trabajo con mi en la central eléctrica. Él es un buen hombre. Felicitaciones en su boda. Espero que su primer niño sea un niño masculino.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home