Worth the Time

Monday, May 22, 2006

Indifference

I don’t know what kind of jobs y’all have, but… wait a sec, there are like four readers - I rescind that last statement. I do know what kind of job y’all have and as a result, I can say with almost certainty that you have never been the most hated person in your facility by sheer job alone. Sure people hate you once they get to know you, but job title – not likely. With that in mind, let’s just say May has not been Nicole’s month here at the plant. I have had the sole responsibility of squeezing every last ounce of productivity out of the operators here. For example, and forgive me for nerding out for a moment, let’s say an operator can physically assemble 10 dildos per hour, but we’ve only been supplying them the parts at a rate to assemble 9 per hour. Now, "we’ve" increased the parts supply to 10 per hour.. Naturally, it’s much more complicated than that but it comes down to the same basic principle of making them work more productively. Of course, I am not actually the one driving this change, but for those of you who don’t already know, engineers are the little bitches who do the master’s biding. Oh and to make matters worse, they had previously been given “set-up” time, which amounted to nothing more than bullshit with your friends time. I also had the pleasure of informing them that those days are over, my compadres. People hate me but it’s why I get paid… well, and I’m giving my boss bathroom hand jobs on the side, but more for the engineering thing, I’m sure. Anyway, the hammer has been lowered on these slackers and it appears to the operators that my hand has administered the blow. Administered the blow… at my job – ha, blowjob, ha.

3 Comments:

  • At 5/22/2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    Tonight, I was walking in front of a piece of material handling equipment and the operator said, "You know, I could get a lof of money from people if I hit you right now."

    Gee, thanks.

     
  • At 5/23/2006 7:37 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    That's fucking awful. Here's something funny - the company that makes the BlackBerry handheld is based here in Waterloo - it's called RIM. So if you work there, you have a RIM job.

     
  • At 5/23/2006 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You may want to think about taking that offer and splitting it with him. Or take the hit and settle out of court. Either way you at least get paid for this misery. Also we both know that it would only be one hit and any reaction from you would be self defense. It might make your days more interesting and it would be great to read about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home