Worth the Time

Friday, May 26, 2006

Casa de Nada

The long weekend is totally welcomed!! Last minute, I decided to hop a plane home. I have not been home since September. In addition to the outstanding warrant for my arrest (which has been cleared, thank you legal team), I haven’t been home because I don’t really have a home to go back to. In October, my parents began some serious renovation and have been living in a rental house and since March, in a hotel. Needless to say, the allure of going home to a pair of adjoining hotel rooms (a hotel in a mid size town) is hardly alluring... the Ritz, sure - the Local Inn and Suites, not so much. My parents are six or so weeks out of completion and I am actually pretty stoked to see the progress thus far, although I would never tell my parents this. If I told them I was excited about them actually doing something just for them (and not me), they may begin to think I've been broken and have cast aside my selfish ways. Shit, they may assume I actually like them and do not constantly sit in judgment of their choices and if they think that, the outcome could be catastrophic - I mean, what if they fealt they no longer needed to make efforts to buy my love?!!?! Then what would I do - live on a budget?! Please, that is sooo uncool.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home