Worth the Time

Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Year's Eve

I think NYE is a waaaaay over-rated celebration. The whole thing is a lot like the fucking prom – so much hype and build up and very seldom do you have a great return. This year, I had few expectations because well, being out of the States, I simply didn’t know what to expect (duh) so I wasn't disappointed. But, I wasn't overwhelmed, either. We went out to a club, which not surprisingly, is a lot like any other club in any other place. Of course, we were in the VIP area… shit, I am so important. Even in a foreign country, I get through the velvet rope. You people are so lucky to “know” me. I hadn’t really taken anything too dressy to wear out that evening, but by no means was I shabbily clothed. However, the club's VIP area reminded me of the red carpet event after-parties I've attended (yes, people know me). Anyway, the crowd was all geared up in suits and party dresses… even though no one probably noticed, being so taken by my striking beauty, I felt very underdressed. Well, at least I know now to go buy a new Versace cocktail dress for next year... I couldn't possibly wear my old one.

But even when you're wearing Versace, there is nothing quite like being in a room full of beautiful women to really send your self-esteem plummeting. My friend, bless her soul, said it was just their make-up, but I know better. But hey, at least we picked up her cousin before we went… a former Ms. Honduras. Are you fucking kidding me? Nevertheless, it was a really good time… until around 4 AM when I started not feeling so good and asked to be taken home (see yesterday’s post).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home