Worth the Time

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Two in one day!!!

What is more uncomfortable than spending the night at your college friend's parents house? Spending the night at your college friend's husband's parents house. Seriously, how do I get myself into this crap?! I agreed to a coed golf tournament a couple months ago under false pretenses. First of all, I was asked to participate during their intimate wedding reception, like I am going to say no to them on their damn wedding day. Secondly, they claim they didn't withhold information, but that I didn't ask. Yeah, that's the excuse my friends used the night I smoked crack, too... I may have used the term "friends" too liberally in that last sentence, but still.

What I thought:
I am partnered with my friend's father-in-law.... whom I hove only spoken to once, at the wedding, and I thought he was an asshole, but whatever. Tournament held an hour north of Cedar Rapids (CR), Iowa. Whereby, I would make the relatively short drive to CR at my leisure on Friday night, stay at my friend's place and we would drive up the next morning for a quick 18, leaving enough time to drive back to CR, shower, and be spitting drunk by midnight.

The Actual Scenario
The tournament is actually being held in north central Iowa, an additional 200 miles from CR and we tee off at 8:30 am on Saturday morning. I don't mind early mornings, but unless you're waking me up for sex, my weekend mornings are sacred. What's more is that since we have to drive to this middle-of-nowhere (which could be anywhere in Iowa, really) town on Friday night, my friend and her husband are requesting that I be in CR by 5:00 pm. It's not that I would work past 2:30 on a Friday anyway, but damn the person who dictates my schedule.

So... getting to the husband's parent's house thing. Somehow, a decision was made for me that I would stay with my friend and her husband at his folks' place. Unless this is Kansas, whereby I am sure we're all related, this is awkward to me. The real bitch of it all is that now they have asked me if I would be ok with staying an additional night (Saturday), not only having the uncomfortable hemorrhoidal-type pain of enduring another night at a stranger's place, but also having a 400 mile drive on Sunday. Yippie.

This place better be a manicured course, and this asshole a good golfer or I know a couple people who are getting severed heads in the mail next week.

1 Comments:

  • At 7/20/2005 3:28 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said…

    Are you a good golfer? Just keep your head down and your hands off the old mans balls.

    That didn't come out right...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home